Dos and don'ts when a tyre blows while traveling at high speed.
- step on the brake; allow the car to stop gradually.
- jerk the steering wheel.
- try to come to an abrupt stop.
These actions could cause the vehicle to roll over.
- Step off the accelerator.
- Try to keep driving in a straight line. If you start to skid, slowly turn into the direction of the skid until you regain control.
- If a collision looks inevitable, turn away from oncoming traffic.
- If you cannot avoid hitting something, aim for something that will give way or strike glancing blows that will slow the car.
If you have, or just had a problem with your tyres or your car, you can contact CAP to report the matter.